Hello!! I won this image on last month’s Club KennyK Facebook challenge, and just loooove it!! Retro Selfie is so sassy, but I just had to give her a vintage look when I chose my color palette. I colored the image with my Prismacolors, then went to work assembling the card. The background paper is from a stack that was a magazine freebie a few years ago. I immediately thought of the film strip tape from Tim Holtz when I saw this image, as well as the die cut film strip that I had for ages. I didn’t have any pink roses in the shade I wanted, so I made these using a punch and paired them up with an off white rose from my stash and some gold fern leaves that I die cut with a Frantic Stamper die. It needed something more, so I coated some wire with Flower Soft, twisted it up, and added a few sprigs here and there. I stamped and embossed a gold “smile” sentiment, then stamped over it with black for a shadow effect.
I’d like to enter this into the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge – Week 417, Vintage Style
Glitter N’ Sparkle – #241 ATG
The Paper Shelter – #296 Make It Digital
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – ATG
As You Like It Challenge – Favorite Reason to Make/Send Cards (other than birthday)….Why?? I love to make cards to make people smile, and brighten their day…..often writing a little note (or long letter) inside
Hi there! I had this image, from the Kit and Clowder Elements of Nature class, colored up for a while. I had an order for a birthday card, with the recipient’s favorite color being purple. I don’t generally leave images card-less, so it was a perfect time to use it With the jug being rusty, I thought “old” and “distressed”, so went with that. I distressed all the edges, and inked things up with some Distress Inks. The background paper is from an Old World stack, and the lace, velvet ribbon and pearls are from my stash.
I’m entering the following challenges with this card:
Allsorts Challenge – Week 417; Vintage Style
The Ribbon Girl Challenge – May, Use Any Image
Lemon Shortbread – #42 ATG
Pammy’s Inky Pinkies - #1722 ATG
Hello there! Today I have a card for you that features one of the beautiful images from Power Poppy, Everything’s Rosy. I colored it with my SN markers, using a color scheme to give it a vintage-y look. I then fussy cut the rose in the foreground out. I placed the main image on a background from a torn page from an old Book of Knowledge (I grabbed the whole set after my mom passed away, thinking I’d hit the crafty jackpot. After I’d literally torn into about half the books, I found out it was a very rare set, worth thousands!), that I inked with Distress Inks. I die cut a circular frame, and distressed the edges, then cut a pretty cream colored butterfly to tuck behind ( I enhanced the embossing with a light swipe of ink). After getting everything in place, I popped the fussy cut rose over the edge of the frame, layered the whole bit on some purple card stock with distressed edges, and added some cream and purple pearls. Love the aged look of this card
I’d like to enter it into the following challenges:
Power Poppy – Frame It Up
Tuesday Morning Sketches – I used this sketch for inspiration:
Allsorts Challenge – Week 417: Vintage Style
Frilly and Funkie – Something Old (the book page)
The Butterfly Challenge – #79 Butterflies and L is for Layers and/or the color Cream
Well, I went through my craft room and found such a load of alterable items, that I decided to actually DO something with one of them!! I recently won the Steampunk Owl image from Aurora Wings, so figured it would be a great focal point for a steampunk trinket box. The image is different that the ones I usually use from Aurora Wings, and I don’t do steampunk often, so this was a bit of a challenge for me. I colored the image with my SN markers, adding a few metallic touches with gel pen; then I fussy cut it out. I got realllllly messy preparing the box, painting, adding some pumice sand texture, stamping some metallic clock faces, then I dug out some metal accents, distressed them. When everything was in place, the image seemed a bit bright, so I added a few drops of metallic black paint to my matte finish Mod Podge, and slathered it on. I dabbed some copper and gold pigment ink on the high points of the pumice sand, then gave it another coat of plain Mod Podge to seal everything. I love the rustic look of this box….I just wish that the photos showed all the detail better!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Aurora Wings Challenge Blog - #48 ATG