Snowflake Sprite Door Deco

Hi there 🙂  Well, this project took so many twists and turns, I’m positively dizzy.  The only things that are the same as when I originally thought of it is the fact that I used aluminum window screen, it’s a door deco, and I used one of the adorable Sprites from Aurora Wings.  The original plan was a bow, but then I decided to cut strips from the screen, because I really thought it would be a good idea to scratch and cut my hands from here to kingdom come!! I fishtailed the edges, then bent and gathered them around a metal ring.  I added some glitter glue….smeared around on the edges…to seal the screen, add some sparkle, and further damage my hands!!  I was going to use a different Sprite, and, in fact, had it all colored up, when I was gifted 5 sprites from an amazingly generous anonymous lady (anyone that knows me, knows that I’ve lost sleep trying to figure out the anonymous part, lol.  But I’ve put the burning curiosity aside, and am just so very grateful to this person and their big heart <3 ).  I used the Snowflake Sprite,  coloring it up in very pale shades of pink and silver, with my Copic and SN markers.  I added glitter and pearly dots before fussy cutting it out.  I die cut 2 shapes, with some Michael’s nesting dies, from pink and silver metallic card stock.  I twisted the dies, and adhered the Sprite to them.  I then set to work cutting snowflakes, using Echo Park dies, from the same metallic card stock, as well as some iridescent glitter CS.  I attached some of these snowflakes to a thin silver wire (one thing that I did NOT have in my stash, so had to run out and purchase…..no silver wire at Michael’s, or the first 3 dollar stores that I visited!!!)  The wire allow the snowflakes to flutter around the Sprite.  I glued a few more snowflakes directly to the screen, and added a scattering of silver and iridescent sequins…..because you can’t have too much sparkle at Christmas!! This was extremely difficult to photograph, as the lighting sucked at the time, the pale colors of the Sprite aren’t captured, and the mirror metallic CS makes everything complicated!! However, I did manage to get a few close ups to give an idea of the project.  By the way….this one won’t be a gift, either….I like it too much, and it has found its home on MY door 🙂

 

I’d like to enter this into the following:

Aurora Wings Challenge Blog – #61 Metallics

World Wide Open DT Challenge – #28 Nov. 2017

Simon Wednesday Challenge – ATG

Creative Knockouts – #222 Snow Much Fun

Cut It Up – #136 Christmas Song (Let It Snow by Dean Martin)

Rack Recycle!

Phew!!! I got this finished just in time (well, a couple hours left lol), even though the light is terrible and this is the best pics I can get.  Aurora Wings Challenge Blog‘s challenge this time is Recycle!  I mulled over a few things that I could recycle, and then….omg, I came across this ugly thing!!

Worlds ugliest wine rack, that I’ve been intending on upcyling for some time….  Mitzi’s Wine Sprite image really got my brain going (or so I thought).  I colored the sprite, and 2 bunches of grapes that I cropped from her and enlarged, with my SN and Copic markers, then fussy cut them out.  My original idea was quite different than how this project turned out, but the more I dug around in my craft room, the more stuff I found that I could use….and recycle!!  I covered the “lovely” holder pieces of the rack with some corrugated cardboard that I retrieved from some poster packaging at a former job of mine (we will NOT get into the amount of “garbage” I took home to make something pretty with!!).  I inked the cardboard a bit with some Distress Ink to give the texture a little more definition.  I stencilled the lettering, using some MS stencils that were the LAST stencils in this city!!!  I had some corks that I had been saving….so… perfect place to use them.  I cut them in half and in slices….hard to cut when one is too lazy to walk to the other room for her Dremel tool, and uses a kitchen knife instead 😛   I arranged them over some purple bubble die cuts and some wine labels….a few recycled, and a few printed, because the rest tore 🙁  A strip of ribbon that was snitched from a destroyed wreath, and some adhesive gem bubbles filled some of the gaps. I added the Sprite and the grape bunches, then edged each piece with twine….that I rescued from the same job as mentioned before….there was a shipment of jeans that came in, rolled up and tied with twine….MY twine, tee hee.  I had to use empty bottles for photo purposes, as I didn’t have the right hooks to hang the rack securely on my wall with…..didn’t need to waste wine!!

Here are a few close ups of different parts of the rack

   

I’d like to enter this in the following:

Aurora Wings Blog Challenge – #60 Recycle!

CCC Digi Creations – #85 ATG

Creatalicious Challenges – #127 ATG with optional thanks

Not Just Cards – ATG

Crafty Catz Challenge – #393 ATG