Brain Baby

Every time I look at this tag, I’m more convinced that I’m just not right in the head 😛  But ’tis the season to be creepy…so, here it is.  I used the (any other time of the year) adorable Acorn Baby Sprite image from Aurora Wings.  I wanted to creep up a Sprite, as that is a huge challenge with them being so flippin’ cute!! I thought BRAINS when I saw this guys head (like I said, I’m not quite “right”), so set to work making all the brain type of grooves, using some of the acorn pattern as a guideline.  Continued to color in the face in as gruesome a way as I could, while still maintaining the idea of cuteness.  After I colored him, I fussy cut him out, and then wondered what the heck I was going to do with the little creeper, lol.  I haven’t done a tag for a long time so cut one out from some Black Magic paper, and embossed it with a brick pattern, using a Tim Holtz folder.  I used a portion of a trellis (Sizzix) die cut, and was reduced to hand cutting the blood drop border, because I had no die or punch in that shape.  With the little guys brain puffing out, he reminded me of a science experiment gone wrong, so I printed the sentiment on the computer, distressed it a bit and added 2 silver rivets.  Some fuzzy fiber and yarn provided the tie for this tag.

I’d like to enter this in the following:

Aurora Wings Challenge Blog – #59 Darkness Falls

Create and Inspire -#67 ATG

 

Creepy Crawly

Hi there 🙂  In the past, I’ve never been really “into” Halloween cards, as it wasn’t an occasion that my family ever exchanged cards for.  But this year, I’ve ventured into “the dark side” of cardmaking, and am LOVING it!!!  This card features the image “Spooky Blue” from Ching-Chou Kuik.  I colored her up with my Copic and SN markers, then added some Wink of Stella to the spiderwebs in the background.  After distressing the edges, I inked them in red Distress Ink.  A few years ago, I managed to grab some Black Magic card stock from Coredinations, and have been hoarding it ever since.  I dug it out for this project, and used the purple core paper, tearing the edges and sanding it a bit, to provide a matting for the layers.  The background paper is a piece that I had in my stash.  I cut the spiders and spiderweb with an unbranded die, then added Wink of Stella to the web.  The sentiment is one that I printed on my computer….after I went on a search for a spooky font….and ended up with almost 60 new ones!! Ooops 🙂

I’d like to enter this in the following challenges:

Ching-Chou Kuik Inspiration and Challenge Blog – Halloween/Fright Night

Simon Monday Challenge – A Walk on the Dark Side

Through the Craft Room Door – ATG – week of October 3

Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge – ATG Week 40

Crafter’s Cafe – Use Die Cuts and/or Punches